Szent István University
Major: Agricultural Engineering
Language of instruction: English
Degree (BA, MA, PhD. etc): Bachelor
Name of institution: Szent István University, Faculty of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences
Address: Gödöllõ, Páter K. u. 1. Hungary
Phone: (+36) 28 522 000
Contact person: Margit Vetési, assistant professor
Type and name of degree:
BSc in Agricultural Engineering
Duration of studies:
6 semesters + 1 semester farm practice
For more information please visit www.sziu.hu
Completed secondary school studies proved by a High School Diploma, good command of English, payment of application and tuition fee, submitted required documents. Required documents:
- Filled in Application form
- Official copy of secondary school certificate with the final results. If it is nor issued in English, an attested translation into English or Hungarian is needed
- Official copy of the English exam and its result that prove your English proficiency.
- Brief CV in English
- Recommendation letters of Referees with their addresses
- Medical certificate dated back not more than 30 days
- Copy of receipt proving payment of application fee
Fees (application, tuition, others):
Application fee EUR 50 (not refundable)
Tuition fee of the BSc course EUR 2,200/semester
Additional costs (books, accommodation, board etc.) EUR 500/month approximately
Largest national library in agricultural and related sciences with more, than 900 000 volumes of scientific books and periodicals.
Computer labs for study purposes, e-mail and web are available.
Soccer, basketball, volleyball, handball, athletics, karate, swimming, fencing, horse-riding, tennis.
Approx. 1700 students can be accomodated in dormitories on Gödöllõ campus; finding private housing is assisted by the International Office.
Preparatory courses: in subjects relevant to the chosen course and in English; short courses (3-4 weeks before starting the regular university training) and one year courses are available