National Empirical Research
The empirical part of the Hungarian central graduate career tracking programme (hereafter: GCT) includes surveys with multiple elements, built on each other, applying different methodological and data collection techniques. Considering the multi-functional problems of graduate career tracking surveys, as well as international and Hungarian experiences in research-methodology, the program does not intend to apply one practice to be exclusively followed but rather it focuses on solutions specific to the field of study, considering the diverse characteristics of different fields of education on the one hand, while on the other hand it tries to provide methodological aid for the development of institutional career tracking practices by creating a general model. As we will see later in many aspects, one of the greatest difficulties of such surveys lies in grasping the characteristics of the fields of study or the major.
The most important functions of empirical research can be summarised as follows:
- drawing a general picture of the employment tendencies of Hungarian graduates and the related processes in the labour market,
- establishing the themes and methodology of regularly repeated graduate career tracking surveys conducted on large samples,
- standardising the themes and methodology off institutional level career tracking surveys implemented within the framework of the unified, national data collection programme,
- developing institutional and regional career tracking research models,
- developing and testing the unified indicator and index system of graduate career tracking.
Additionally, we can consider a supplementary benefit of the programme to be that successful implementation is expected to contribute to the encouragement of regional/institutional cooperation among the affected participants of this sphere (institutions, maintainer, student unions, career offices, labour market players, etc.), and may also facilitate the cooperation of Hungarian higher education research organisations, as well as their joining international research cooperation.
Let us examine the essential characteristics of national research, independently of whether they have already been implemented or are only at a preparatory stage.
- István Fábri -
- Felsőoktatási Elemzési Jelentések - 6. évfolyam 1. szám, 2022. március
- Field period of EUROSTUDENT 8 research in Hungary has started
- Vegyél részt az EUROSTUDENT 8 kutatásban és nyerj belépőt az EFOTT-ra!
- Elindul az EUROSTUDENT 8 kutatás magyarországi adatfelvétele
- Megjelent a 2021-es DPR Hallgatói kutatás zárótanulmánya